Pages

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

the prayer.

"Tonight make me unstoppable
And I will charm, I will slice
I will dazzle them with my wit
Tonight make me unstoppable
And I will charm, I will slice
I will dazzle, I will outshine them all"

a simple enough request, yes?
sometimes all we as people want is to stand out above the rabble. to make ourselves more noticeable to certain individuals. or to simply "dazzle" and "outshine".
it's something that has always fascinated me about the human psyche. we aren't content with being on the same level as everyone else. especially when a prominent member of the opposite sex is present and may be taking notes.
and for the better too. can you imagine if every single person was content with being mediocre? life would not be worth living. in the slightest.
and i'm sure many people, even if for just one night, would highly cherish some divine empowerment in order to make the right kind of impression on a potential partner.
which all ties in to our caveman roots. i mean, all the lovely ladies were only interested in the neanderthal that could swing his club hard enough to actually knock them unconscious.

so, next time you yearn to impress your prospective acquisitions, think of how cavemanlike you are being.

No comments:

Post a Comment